A friend asked me today if I had a good scalloped potato recipe that she could use for Easter Sunday dinner. If you too are looking for a scalloped potato recipe, here is one for you to try. I always use some version of this basic recipe because it’s easy to prepare and always comes out right.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 80 minutes
Preheat oven 400o
Butter flavored cooking spray
2 cups skim milk
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
3 tablespoons flour
2 pounds potatoes – peeled and thinly sliced
½ onion – sliced thinly
¼ cup reduced calorie and fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray a 9X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir together milk, pepper, salt, onion powder and flour in a saucepot.
- Heat mixture on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to bubble and thickens. Set aside.
- Layer half of the potatoes and onion in the baking dish then pour half of the milk mixture on top. Repeat layering potatoes and onion and pour the remaining milk mixture on top making sure that it completely covers the potatoes and onion.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of potato mixture.
- Bake at 400o for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 350o and bake another 60 minutes.
Calories = 170 Fat = 1.5