I was hoping to give you a kickin’ carrot cupcake recipe tonight but it didn’t turn out quite right. My family ate them up but the texture was a little gummy for my taste so I am offering you our dinner course instead. The Southwest chicken recipe is simple and I hope you like it as much as we did.
Grilled Southwest Chicken
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 – 15 minutes
6 skinless/boneless split chicken breasts
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon Hickory smoke salt
¼ cup reduced fat sour cream
½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
2 tablespoon fresh cilantro – minced
1 cup salsa
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, chili powder and hickory salt and rub a generous amount on each chicken breast.
- Heat indoor grill on high heat and spray with cooking spray and add chicken. Grill 5 – 7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cheese and cilantro and blend well.
- Spread a little of the cheese mixture on each chicken breast. Spray a 9 X 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and arrange chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- Set oven to high broil and broil chicken for about 5 minutes or until cheese mixture is bubbly.
- Remove baking dish from oven, arrange chicken breasts on a serving platter and serve with salsa on the side.
Calories = 165 Fat = 4.5 grams