We went for the super light dinner thing tonight and just had a salad. If you are not a dinner salad lover, you can always make this for lunch instead. It’s a great hearty salad with a flavorful dressing.
Italian Style Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 315 Fat = 6 grams
1 head romaine lettuce
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 (15.5-ounce) can chick peas (Garbanzo beans)
1 water packed jar (12-ounce) roasted red peppers
1 pound boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- Rinse lettuce under water to clean, chop and place in large salad serving bowl.
- Add parmesan cheese and chives to salad. Drain and rinse chick peas and add to salad. Drain and rinse peppers, cut into long strips and add to salad.
- Refrigerate salad while cooking chicken and dressing.
- Heat a large indoor grill pan on high heat, spray with cooking spray and add chicken breasts. Grill chicken breasts for 5 – 7 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Remove from grill, cover and set aside.
¼ cup fat free sour cream
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon sugar (or 1 pkt. Sugar substitute)
½ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream, vinegar, water, sugar (or substitute), basil, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder and whisk together.
- While whisking the sour cream mixture, drizzle in olive oil and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle salad dressing on top of salad and toss. Cut chicken into long strips, place on top of salad and serve.