Last night’s dinner salad was good but tonight, the salad was amazing! I think it may have been the delicious dressing. I am also a big fan of Boston leaf lettuce. Anyway, this is definitely worth trying.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 425 Fat = 5 grams
1 head Boston leaf lettuce
½ head romaine lettuce
1 cup cooked corn (about 2 ears)
1 tomato – seeded and chopped
½ cup scallions – green parts only chopped
¼ cup cilantro – chopped
1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans
1 pound boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- Rise Boston and romaine lettuces, chop and add to a large salad serving bowl. Add corn, tomato, scallions and cilantro to the salad greens.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to salad. Refrigerate salad while preparing chicken and dressing.
- Heat a large indoor grill pan on high heat, spray with cooking spray and add chicken breasts. Grill chicken breasts for 5 – 7 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Remove from grill, cover and set aside.
¼ cup fat free sour cream
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar (or 1 pkt. Sugar substitute)
2 – 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup tortilla chips – crushed
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream, water, vinegar, sugar (or substitute), Tabasco, chili powder, garlic powder and salt and whisk together.
- While whisking the sour cream mixture, drizzle in olive oil and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle salad dressing on top of salad and toss. Cut chicken into long strips, place on top of salad with tortilla chips and serve.