I was in the mood for an Asian flavor for dinner and here is what I came up with:
Asian Sautéed Shrimp with Roasted Cabbage
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Preheat oven 425o
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 290 Fat = 4 grams
1 small head of cabbage – shredded
1 ½ pounds shrimp – skinned, deveined with tails removed
2 cloves garlic – minced
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup low fat chicken broth
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon Hoisin sauce
½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
½ tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Place shredded cabbage on a roasting pan in a single layer. Roast 35 – 40 minutes until tender and slightly browned.
- During the last 10 minutes of roasting the cabbage, heat a large skillet on medium high heat, spray with cooking spray and ads shrimp.
- Sauté shrimp for 5 – 7 minutes until pink. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, chicken broth, ginger, Hoisin sauce, chili sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch and stir together.
- Add sauce mixture to skillet and cook until bubbly and slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Remove cabbage from the oven, spoon onto a serving platter and pour shrimp and sauce on top. Top with sesame seeds and serve.