This is a delicious fruity and colorful dessert you can bring to a BBQ or make for your own event. It should be made the day before too which gives you less work the day of the party.
The pretzel crust was an idea I got from a magazine and sounded very interesting. I like the salty/sweet dynamic.
Preheat oven 400o
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Estimated Values per serving (without whipped topping):
Calories = 320 Fat = 4 grams
1 ½ cups crushed pretzels
¼ cup low calorie butter spread – melted
3 tablespoons sugar
- In a bowl, combine pretzels, butter spread and sugar and stir together.
- Press pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes then cool in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
Fruit Topping Ingredients:
12 ounces frozen blueberries – thawed
12 ounces frozen cherries – thawed
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup cornstarch
½ cup water
Fruit Topping Directions:
- Strain any extra juice from the blueberries and cherries and place in a large saucepot. Add sugar, cornstarch and water and stir until combined.
- Cook on medium high heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate to cool.
½ cup boiling water
1 package unflavored gelatin
4 ounces low fat cream cheese – softened
4 ounces fat free cream cheese – softened
½ cup fat free sour cream
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon rind – grated
1 teaspoon vanilla
- While crust is cooling, combine boiling water and gelatin in a small bowl and stir for about 5 minutes until gelatin has dissolved. Cool gelatin mixture to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheeses, sour cream, sugar, lemon and vanilla and mix on high speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Add gelatin to cream cheese mixture and beat on high speed for about 2 minutes.
- Pour filling on pretzel crust and spread to cover the crust completely.
- Spoon fruit on top, covering the filling completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired.