This is a great side dish that goes with any BBQ you are cooking up for family or friends. The bacon and Tabasco sauce offers a nice contrast to the sweetness of the corn and the beans offer a lot of fiber to make it healthy as well. If you’re planning a crowd, just double up on the ingredients, it’s easy enough to make.
Enjoy, eat well and feel good about it too.
Smoky Corn and Bean Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Refrigeration time: overnight
Estimated Values per serving:
Calories = 110 Fat = 2 grams
2 cups corn kernels
2 slices turkey bacon – chopped
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 – 4 dashes Chipotle Tabasco sauce
1 cup red bell pepper – chopped
1 cup canned black beans – rinsed and drained
Salt to taste (optional)
- Heat skillet on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add corn and sugar and sauté for 5 – 7 minutes until browned.
- Transfer corn to a bowl and cool.
- Cook turkey bacon in skillet until browned. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add lime juice, Tabasco sauce, red pepper, black beans, corn and bacon to a bowl and season with salt.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve cold.