to marinate and cook with. The meat came out very tasty. This rub recipe is for 5 pounds of meat but if you are cooking with a smaller amount, use some of it and the rest can be stored in an airtight container.
Rub for Meat
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground coffee
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon smoke salt
1 teaspoon coriander seed
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and rub on top of 5 pounds of pork, beef or chicken.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cook on grill until done.
We visited to Pt. Pleasant yesterday, enjoying the rides, attractions and of course, the food. Having fun at the Jersey Boardwalk doesn’t have to ruin your weight management goals. Although most of the food can be high in calories and fat, some shore cuisine choices can be good.
Some alternative low fat food choices include:
– steamed clams or shrimp (or raw bar selections),
– salads (just be careful of dressing and cheeses), and
– grilled chicken breast sandwich,
For those of you who would like something sweet after your meal, there are low fat choices as well and can include:
– Cotton candy
– Taffy (a boardwalk tradition),
– Italian ices,
– Gummy candies (many varieties),
– Watermelon slices (my personal favorite), and
– Fat free ice cream
I am sure there are even more choices that I may not noticed on the menu yesterday. When in doubt, just look at a calorie counter website and type in a food that you like and check it out. So don’t avoid all the fun that the Jersey beach has to offer, just make informed decisions.
Enjoy the beach fun!!