The other night we had some friends over to celebrate a birthday and I served Chicken Skewers with Cucumber Dip. This is a good first course that is easy to eat because it does not require using a fork or plate.
I always find it so awkward at wedding and parties when you have a drink in one hand and have to use a fork and plate for the hors d’ oeuvres. Finger food is the way to make life easy for everyone.
Enjoy your easy nibbling cuisine!
Marinated Chicken skewers with Cucumber Yogurt Dip
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
Juice of 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Cut chicken breasts into 2” cubes and put into bowl to marinate.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Skewer chicken breast pieces.
- Grill Chicken skewers for 7 minutes on each side until browned and cooked.
½ European cucumber – seeded and grated
4 ounces low fat cream cheese – softened
½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
2 cloves garlic – minced
Salt to taste
- Remove excess water from cucumber by placing it in a double paper towel. Twist the ends of the paper towel over the sink to allow the cucumber water to drain from the cucumber.
- In a bowl, fold in the cucumber, cream cheese, yogurt, garlic and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight).