Strawberry Cups with Vanilla Fluff Topping
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 110 Fat: trace Points: 1
2 pounds strawberries – cut up
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
2 tablespoons brandy
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Vanilla Fluff Topping Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
2 egg whites at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
10 4-ounce dessert cups
- Make strawberry filling: Measure 1 cup of the strawberries and combine with brandy and water. Puree in food processor. Pour into a measuring cup and add enough water to equal 1 ½ cup liquid.
- Pour strawberry mixture into a saucepot, add sugar and cornstarch and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened. Cook an additional 2 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes (do not stir).
- Pour strawberry sauce on top of the remaining strawberries and gently toss together.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Make vanilla fluff topping: Combine sugar, water and cream of tartar in a saucepot. Cook on medium heat until bubbly and the sugar dissolves.
- In a mixer, combine egg whites and vanilla and beat on high speed. Slowly pour sugar mixture while beating the egg whites. Beat for about 5 – 7 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Assembly: Spoon strawberry filling into each cup to about ¾ full (leaving room for the topping).
- Spoon filing into a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip. Squeeze vanilla fluff topping on top of each strawberry cup.
10. Refrigerate until ready to serve.