Preheat oven 300o
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes plus 1 hour with oven off
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 100 Fat = 0 grams Points: 2
3 egg whites at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon cream of tarter
Dash of salt
1 cup sugar
15 – 20 mini chocolate chips
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over a baking pan and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg whites, vanilla cream of tarter and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (the tips will curl when lifting the beater).
- Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, white beating on high speed until very stiff peaks form (the tips stand straight up when beater is lifted) and sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon meringue into a pastry bag or plastic bag and cut the tip.
- Pipe meringue onto the baking pan into the shape of a ghostly figure. Add mini chocolate chips for eyes.
- Bake 35 minutes then turn off oven but keep meringues in the oven for an additional hour to harden.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.