Eggnog Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
Preheat oven 325o
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 400 Fat = 6 grams Points: 6
Bread Pudding Ingredients:
6 cups of cubed sweet bread (Challah)
4 cups low fat eggnog
¾ cups egg substitute
½ cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon rum extract
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Bread Pudding Directions:
- Toast cubed bread in the broiler until slightly browned (about 1 minute), turn bread over and broil on the other side until lightly browned (about 1 more minute). Place toasted bread in a bowl and pour eggnog on top. Allow the bread to soak in the eggnog for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg substitute, sugar, vanilla and rum extract and nutmeg. Pour on top of bread mixture and gently fold in.
- Coat an 8 X 12 baking pan with cooking spray. Spoon bread pudding into baking dish. Bake 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
Rum Sauce Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons rum
Rum Sauce Directions:
- Melt butter in a small skillet. Add brown sugar and stir until sugar is moistened.
- Add rum and ignite. Cook rum sauce until the flames have disappeared and the sugar is dissolved (about 2 minutes).
- Pour sauce over cooled bread pudding and serve at room temperature.