This is such a great summer recipe and the best part is that you can get creative with it. If you don’t like eating pork, simply substitute it with beef instead. If you also don’t like some of the vegetable suggestions in the recipe, you can substitute others, some other suggestions might be escarole, eggplant,endive leaves or cauliflower .
The important thing is to have fun with it.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Grill Time: 20 – 25 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 250 Fat: 7 grams
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon pepper
10 ounce package button mushrooms – cut in half
2 zucchini – cut into 1” pieces
2 red bell peppers – cut into large pieces
2 medium onions – quartered
2 large potatoes – cut or sliced
1 pound boneless pork loin
1 pound boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- Heat an outdoor or indoor grill to 400o.
- Combine all spices in a small bowl.
- Season meats with half of the seasoning and set aside until ready to grill.
- Combine the zucchini and mushrooms in a bowl, coat with cooking spray and fold in half of the remaining seasoning.
- Combine peppers and onions in another bowl, coat with cooking spray and fold in the remaining seasoning.
- If you are using an outdoor grill, coat a vegetable basket with cooking spray and add the zucchini and mushrooms to the basket. Use an additional vegetable basket for the onions and peppers. If you only have 1 vegetable basket, you can grill the vegetables in batches.
- If the potatoes are large enough, add them directly on the grill (coating them with cooking spray first), if not, use a vegetable basket to grill them as well.
- Grill the vegetables and potatoes for 10 – 15 minutes until browned and softened.
- If you have a large grill, add the pork loin while the vegetables and potatoes are grilling. Grill the pork for about 7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165o. Remove from the grill, cover and rest the pork until ready to carve.
10. Grill the chicken breasts for 5 – 7 minutes on each side.
11. Transfer the grilled vegetables to a large serving platter. Carve the pork loin and transfer to the serving platter. Remove the cooked chicken breasts from the grill and transfer to the serving platter.
12. Serve hot.