A New Twist to an Old Favorite…
As the weather starts to cool down, I like to cook comfort food favorites. This meatloaf is a great combination of a classic with a BBQ twist. It’s really easy to make and I think your family will love it…
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 1 to 1 ¼ hours
Preheat oven 375o
Estimated Values Per Serving:
Calories: 200 Fat: 4 grams
½ cup onion – chopped
4 slices turkey bacon
¾ pound ground turkey breast
¾ pound 93% lean ground beef
1/3 cup egg substitute
½ cup breadcrumbs – unseasoned
½ cup BBQ sauce
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add bacon. Cook until crispy and browned.
Remove from heat and cool. Chop bacon once cooled.
- Using the same skillet, heat on medium and add chopped onion. Cook until soft and browned. Remove from heat to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey breast meat, beef, egg substitute,
breadcrumbs, BBQ sauce, bacon and onion. Mix all ingredients well until combined.
- Coat a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Mold meatloaf into pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1 ¼ hours until thoroughly cooked through (temperature should reach 170o).
- Drain off the excess fat and served sliced on a platter.