Preheat Oven: 375o
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 385 Fat = 8 grams
1 can black beans
Juice of 1 lime
2 canned jalapenos – rinse, seeded and chopped
1 cup salsa
5 cloves garlic – minced
1 ¼ cup low fat grated cheddar cheese
4 Scallions – finely chopped, green and white parts seperated
2 celery ribs – finely chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
½ Tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
12 soft low fat small tortillas
1. Drain and rinse beans and puree them in a food processor for a few seconds. Add lime juice and jalapenos and continue to puree until the mixture is smooth.
2. Add salsa, 2 cloves of minced garlic and 1 cup of grated cheese to food processor and pulse 4 to 5 times until chunky but mixed through.
3. Cover and refrigerate filling until sauce is cooked.
1. Hat a sauté pan on medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add scallions, garlic and celery and cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Add diced tomatoes with chili powder and paprika and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat
1. In a large oven safe baking dish, spread ¾ of the sauce on the bottom.
2. Spoon about 3 Tablespoons of filling into a tortilla and roll tortilla. Place tortilla seam side down into baking dish on top of sauce.
3. Repeat filling and rolling tortillas until all 10 tortillas are in baking dish.
4. Spoon remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese and scallions.
5. Bake in 375o oven for 30 minutes covered then 15 additional minutes uncovered until cheese is browned on top.
6. Serve hot.